Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Simple Dune


Simple Dune, originally uploaded by cobalt123.

A very large dune seen in early morning at the Imperial Sand Dunes in southeastern California. This is another in the series I have going in a set. This particular dune is where I met two young Marines out for ATV rides. To get here, it's simple: take the exit marked for the site off I-8, just 25 miles or so out of Yuma, Arizona. You can see these very large dunes from the highway and there is a parking lot at the bottom of this one.

8 comments:

  1. Sand dunes in California, that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a stable sand dune ? They keep drifting is what I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving a 4x4 on a sand dune is a thrilling experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photography it is not just a skills but rather a talent, wonderful job here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that there are lots of blogs or sites that are high level in page rank and high level in comments but as I observer this page this is different its s simple and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete